about the risks of permanent make-up
The application of permanent make-up poses risks, so make sure you are well-rested and have eaten well. Inform the therapist of any medications or skin problems, allergies, epilepsy, or hypersensitivity. Gold Beauty operates wholly in accordance with GGD (regional health authority) hygiene regulations and holds all the required licenses from GGD Rotterdam (regional health authority).
Do not have permanent make-up:
- On areas where you have had cosmetic surgery or which have been exposed to radiation in the past year;
- On a scar that is less than a year old;
- On an area where you had PMU applied less than six weeks ago;
- On an area where you had PMU or a tattoo removed with laser treatment less than three months ago, or if the laser wound has not yet healed;
- On irritated skin such as bumps, darker moles, or swelling;
- If you are under the influence of alcohol or drugs;
- If you are pregnant.
In addition, permanent make-up is not recommended if you suffer from any of the following conditions: diabetes, haemophilia, chronic skin conditions, allergy to pigments or other materials used for PMU; immune disorders, cardiovascular abnormalities. If you have one of these conditions or you are taking blood thinning medication or antibiotics and you want PMU nevertheless, first consult a doctor about the options.